2nd CSF - School libraries
Within the 2nd Community Support Framework, the University of Crete Library (UoCL) undertook a project and created 31 school libraries in the region of Crete as it follows:
- Lasithi: 5
- Heraklion: 14
- Rethymnon: 6
- Chania: 6
The main objectives of the project were:
- The selection of a place within each school being suitable to be reformed in order to host the library.
- The acquisition of the basic printed and electronic collections for each school library.
- The cataloguing and classification of the corresponding material.
- The acquisition installation and operation of the basic computing and network infrastructure.
- The staffing of the Library with the proper personnel.
- The training of this personnel.
- The information dissemination within each area where the school belonged.