2nd CSF - Istros
Within the 2nd Community Support Framework, the University of Crete Library (UoCL) undertook a project whose budget amounted to 1,1 billion drachmas. The duration of this project was 3 years (1/1/97 to 31/12/99). Its ultimate goal was the improvement of library standards and resources. This improvement wouldl be reached through a careful match of traditional and current information resources and wouldl be in accordance with the UoC users' requirements.
The main objectives of the project were:
- To establish a valid organizational structure and to reform the Library regulations.
- To supply extensive training to Library staff on new IT Services .
- To establish training schemes for the Library users.
- To upgrade the Library's network infrastructure.
- To upgrade the Library System PTOLEMEOS II.
- To formally establish a reference service.
- To gradually reform the periodical service so that it would be based on electronic resources.
- To enhance books, serials and periodicals collections.
- To complete the retrospective conversion of about 60.000 bibliographic records.
- To create a collection of the gray literature produced at the University of Crete.